Assistant, Office of the General Counsel
Title: Assistant, Office of the General Counsel
Reports to: General Counsel
Job Summary: The Assistant provides administrative support for the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) and its staff. The OGC provides legal advice and counsel to The Heritage Foundation and its entities. The Assistant is extraordinarily organized and thrives when faced with unanticipated obstacles and challenges. The Assistant is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, exercises sound judgment when completing time-sensitive tasks, and employs discretion and confidentiality in all matters and at all times.
- Manage all scheduling and logistics for meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Implement and maintain an action-item tracking and prioritizing system.
- Provide administrative support, including preparing expense reports, processing invoices, and measuring expenditures against the budget.
- Maintain complex and confidential files and records.
- Prepare, edit, and finalize presentations, slide decks, spreadsheets, and other reports for the OGC.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Counsel, including special projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience
Technology: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Adobe Acrobat
Communication: Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize effectively and anticipate needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism; proven ability to forge trusting relationships across the organization.
- Take initiative, work independently, and willing to suggest better strategies to complete projects.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to work both tactically and strategically with a high sense of urgency.