Digital Workplace Analyst, Information Technology
Title: Digital Workplace Analyst, Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: The Digital Workplace Analyst configures, implements, and administers the solutions that make up Heritage’s digital workplace portfolio, including Microsoft 365, digital workflows, and similar productivity solutions. The Analyst consults with departments on the implementation of business function-specific solutions ensuring their implementation aligns with strategic IT priorities.
- Consult with teams throughout the organization to determine areas where digital workplace products and procedures would improve collaboration, productivity, and outcomes.
- Partner with business liaisons and technical teams to understand and define business goals and functional requirements to design solutions to improve program efficiency and efficacy.
- Evaluate and mitigate risk on innovative programs and contribute to impact assessments through cost/benefit analyses.
- Develop and execute training programs (digital and in-person) to achieve accelerated adoption and usage of core digital workplace solutions.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant Microsoft services and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Assist with upgrades and migrations related to products within the digital workplace portfolio.
- Assist in defining strategies, roadmaps, policies and standards for end user workplace technology and mobility solutions.
- Stay up to date with new features and products in the digital workplace portfolio and identify gaps in digital workplace offerings.
- Work closely with the Service Desk to identify problems by tracking and examining tickets and requests that could be resolved with digital workplace solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience; preferably in implementing cloud, digital workplace, mobility, and/or office productivity tools
Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills
Technology: Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, PowerBI, Dropbox, Adobe Creative Cloud, DocuSign
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to learn and document current manual processes, and move stakeholders towards a more convenient, automated, and reliable implementation.
- Strong time management, prioritizing tasks and delivering measurable results.
- Ability to adapt with the quickly evolving Microsoft Cloud and other technologies.