Events Assistant, Events and Programming
Title: Events Assistant, Events and Programming
Reports to: Director, Events and Programming
Job Summary: The Events Assistant supports the Events and Programming team in delivering exceptional experiences designed to amplify and advance Heritage’s impact and mission. The Events and Programming team produces over 5,000 events annually, from high-level roundtables and public programs in our Washington, D.C. headquarters to donor gatherings and multi-day conferences across the country. This position supports the entire team with key responsibilities assigned based upon priority needs across the events portfolio.
- Special Events Support – Support the planning and execution of events that are hosted offsite around the country, including one-day regional gatherings and multi-day conferences for donors, Members of Congress, coalition partners, and other leaders. Coordinate travel arrangements, facilitate the shipping of supplies in a timely manner, handle onsite set-up and execution of registration, and various other related duties.
- In-House Events Support – Support the planning and execution of events that are hosted in-house at Heritage such as public programs, private roundtables, symposia, all-staff, VIP, and external partner events. Coordinate and execute logistics such as registration, materials preparation, staging, audiovisual elements, security, catering, and facilities.
- Event Registration & Customer Service – Manage the overarching registration process across all major events including setting up each event profile, creating daily RSVP reports, uploading data into CRM platforms, and ensuring all registration data is accurate and maintained throughout the event lifecycle. Provide support to event invitees by answering inquiries via phone and email.
- Marketing and Event Communications – Develop and send event marketing pieces such as registration webpages and email invitations with compelling promotional copy. Maintain ongoing production calendar to ensure all related event communications are sent out on time.
- Event Metrics & Assessments – Collect and track event details to ensure accurate post-event reporting and internal data-sharing.
- Cross-Functional Support – Provide support across the Events and Programming team on an ad-hoc basis, which includes cross-training on multiple platforms and processes.
- Office & Administrative Responsibilities – Update team and organization-wide calendars, maintain updated contact information for external partners (such as vendors, venues, and speakers), submit expense reports, process invoices, assist in compiling event revenue and expense reports, track Heritage and movement anniversaries and product launches, ensure event media files such as video and photography are updated and archived in a timely manner, order and track event supplies inventory, manage team’s storage, and perform general office duties.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 0-2 years of experience in event support, donor relations, or customer service
Communication: Clear, effective, and gracious written and verbal communication
Technology: Ability to master new software for event registration, email marketing, and virtual events; proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Critical thinking: demonstrated ability to think critically and show sound judgement in high-pressure situations.
- Organization: highly organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects while prioritizing to achieve goals.
- Availability: capacity to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary (up to 25% travel as needed).