Title: Customer Data Specialist, Marketing Automation
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: Serves as a trusted advisor for marketing automation initiatives across all audiences, capitalizing on high-value opportunities to maximize the value of marketing automation toolsets. Leads training, support, and maintenance operations to ensure maximum availability and usability for internal end-users. Executes complex and non-standard marketing automation initiatives in support of essential, high-value, and time-sensitive business requirements. Provides maintenance and training around related and complementary tools in support of the marketing automation platform. Maintains and updates web-based and other digital assets and templates which support campaigns within the marketing automation platform. Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement within marketing automation toolsets.
- Responsible for maintaining marketing automation toolsets in accordance with best practices.
- Aids users by maintaining and updating HTML/CSS and platform specific markup to emails, landing pages, and other assets used within the marketing automation platform.
- Manages and provides training around tools supporting the marketing automation platform.
- Develops marketing automation programs, including in-system assets (such as email templates, smart campaigns, smart lists, and reports) and other deliverables for use outside of the system (such as process documentation and training materials.)
- Improves standard email send workflows by making changes to email send infrastructure, backend system architecture, and user interface editing capabilities.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct marketing automation training for staff from all Groups within Heritage.
- Provides support for users and fulfills requests for assistance with executing campaigns.
- Executes complex and non-standard campaigns in support of business requirements.
- Serve as “go to” resource for answering all marketing automation challenges, including direct support of end-users. Serve as primary interface with Marketo support.
- Plan and conduct data hygiene screenings and related data clean-up activities in Heritage’s marketing automation system.
- Manages Return Path deliverability and reputational monitoring tool; provides ongoing deliverability engineering support to maintain high email deliverability and inbox placement rates.
- Provide data analysis and fulfills requests for data and reporting on campaigns.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field required or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years related work experience in implementing digital marketing programs or campaigns.
Communication: Excellent written and strong verbal communication skills
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, True North conservative principles and the department’s goals and objectives
- A successful track record of creating and implementing marketing campaigns that deliver measurable results
- Strong knowledge of frontend web development concepts, with experience in using HTML/CSS and platform specific markup languages
- Strong knowledge of best practices around email deliverability and reputation
- Strong knowledge of Marketing automation tools
- Strong analytics and Excel.
- Extremely organized and highly motivated
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, organizational and problem-solving skills