Title: Conference Services Assistant
Reports to: Director, Events and Programming
Job Summary: The Conference Services Assistant supports the Conference Services Team in
delivering exceptional event experiences designed to advance Heritage’s mission. This is a key
position for the team responsible for organizing and managing logistics for over 150 meetings,
lunches, receptions and dinners each month. A high level of customer service and hospitality is
expected as we host high profile guests and speakers frequently such as Members of Congress,
Administration officials, foreign dignitaries, and other VIP guests. The Events Assistant is
supervised by the Senior Conference Service Manager.
- Event Support - includes providing onsite daily event support to the Conference Service team such as setup of rooms, menu selection and placing catering orders, assisting in organizing in-house signature events and various other duties. Works as a strong team player by being professional, trustworthy, and reliable, processing a "whatever it takes" mentality.
- Room Reservation System – includes reviewing and completing daily internal event booking information, maximizing event room utilization, monitoring last minute event changes, generating the daily elevator calendar, and training new employees on the room reservation system.
- Customer Service – includes maintaining strong relationships with all internal and external partners for the successful operation and execution of all events. Works to exceed internal partner expectations by providing guests with unique and meaningful experiences.
- Vendor Management – includes working with external partners in order to help with receiving of deliveries, setting up events, and supporting daily event operations.
- Team Budget and Expenses – includes preparing, reviewing, and submitting expense reports and invoices, creating chargeback reports, processing external client invoices, and assisting with other event financial reporting.
- Office Responsibilities – includes planning the Events team outings and meetings, assisting the Conference Services Manager with specific team-wide projects, and performing general office duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in event management, donor relations, or customer service.
Communication: Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Technology: Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word), Outlook, and the ability to master new software.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission, vision for America, True North conservative principles, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Able to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to think critically and handle high pressure situations and demonstrate sound judgment under pressure.
- Exceptional teamwork and customer service skills.
- Ability to self-organize with a strong attention to detail; and he ability to handle multiple projects while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.