Title: Campus Recruiter
Reports To: Young Leaders Program Director
Job Summary: The Campus Recruiter is Heritage’s primary recruitment liaison to university and college campuses, faculty, student groups, and career placement offices. identifies and builds relationships for purposes of recruitment opportunities with college conservatives and campus organizations in the conservative movement; and serves as a proactive, trusted resource and foundational contributor to Heritage’s talent pipeline.
- Recruit interns for The Heritage Foundation’s Young Leaders Program and drive consistent growth in key application metrics.
- Partner with program managers to recruit young conservatives for additional professional development opportunities at Heritage, including 2025 Presidential Transition Project trainings, The Academy, Local University Conservatives Network, Conservative Hill Intern Program, Ready, Set, HILL!, and others as needed.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with conservative university faculty, career services staff, and students in order to further recruitment efforts.
- Maintain and grow listserv of professors, conservative program staff, and other potential sources of referrals.
- Strategically promote and establish Heritage’s employer brand with key young conservative audiences by booking Heritage staff as campus speakers, participating in career fairs and conferences, and coordinating and hosting student briefings at Heritage.
- Work with communications and marketing colleagues to shape and deliver products for young conservatives.
- Ensure that external recruitment engagements align with Heritage’s policy and talent placement priorities.
- Liaise and collaborate with Outreach Department colleagues to coordinate the execution of recruitment initiatives within Heritage-sponsored and hosted conferences.
- Post Heritage internship to relevant job boards and share with relevant groups on social media each semester.
- Draft and send regular recruitment emails to movement partner contacts and Heritage intern alumni.
- Stay current on best practices for sourcing junior-level talent, apply to immediate priorities, and share with Job Bank and People Operations colleagues.
- Identify talent gaps and training needs for young conservatives, brainstorm solutions with internal stakeholders.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience in the conservative movement.
Communication: Public speaking, persuasive written and verbal communication, aptitude and willingness to learn LinkedIn Recruiter.
Technology: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America
- Exceptional professional maturity and sound judgement.
- Deep understanding of the conservative movement and familiarity with key talent partner organizations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel to college campuses, job fairs, and conferences, including for weekend events.
- Completion of Heritage’s Young Leaders Program or other Heritage training programs a plus.