Direct Marketing Project Manager, Membership
Title: Direct Marketing Project Manager, Membership
Reports to: Director, Membership
Job Summary: The Direct Marketing Project Manager, Membership oversees the production and execution of all solicitation and cultivation mailings to the Heritage Membership base. The Direct Marketing Project Manager also works with the Membership team to create marketing strategies for membership growth through multi-channel approaches. This role is measured both on fundraising outcomes and on production outputs.
- Manage the review of copy, art, data, and production for all direct mail solicitation and cultivation campaigns.
- Manage external vendors to ensure direct mail campaign production is on-time and error-free.
- Maintain the master calendar for all Membership communications.
- Responsible for ensuring timely reporting on direct mail campaigns
- Work with internal departments and external vendor partners to develop content and creative assets to support customized donor experiences.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments in direct marketing fundraising and be forward thinking in testing.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5+ years of direct marketing experience preferred with an emphasis on print coordination, data processing, and mail shop oversight. Agency experience a plus.
Technology: Microsoft Suite, experience with CRM software and proficiency in Excel.
Communication: Ability to communicate with Heritage Members and with individuals at all levels within and outside of Heritage.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives
- Strong detail-oriented production skills, including the ability to proof accurately
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and work effectively with consultants
- Excellent written and oral communication skills