Director, Information Technology
Title: Director, Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary: The Director, Information Technology manages the enterprise-wide information technology systems and is a source of trusted strategic advice on all technology matters to support and advance Heritage's mission and objectives. This includes overseeing IT platforms and technologies, primary and back-up data centers, server and storage infrastructure utilizing virtualization, enterprise applications, 400+ workstations, A/V installations, mobile technologies, and telecommunication systems for a multi-site environment, balancing cost, security, and functionality against desired business requirements. The Director is also responsible for leading, managing, and developing the IT team of in-house network administrators and technicians to deliver results in Heritage’s best interest.
- Develop and implement a vision and multi-year strategy for Heritage’s technology programs aligned to Heritage’s mission and business objectives; utilize this strategy as the basis for resource allocation, personnel, and operational decision-making.
- Develop and administer IT policies and procedures based upon industry best practices to protect Heritage’s intellectual property, reputation, and financial resources.
- Act as trusted partner and advisor to the enterprise on Heritage’s marketing automation, constituent relationship management, and web solutions.
- Provide guidance on enterprise-wide procurement decisions related to software, hardware, mobility, and telecommunications; effectively analyze project and program management decisions based on appropriate financial analysis.
- Provide excellent stewardship over IT and AV platforms and systems; architect systems to be resilient, secure, and optimized to meet enterprise objectives.
- Provide flawless and customer-centric support services that are responsive, innovative, and cost-effective.
- Maintain a strong IT security posture over enterprise-wide technology platforms and systems, managing multi-layered technologies to monitor and protect data and computing resources from malicious attacks.
- Explore new technologies and industry trends, collaborate with internal partners, and engage with other leaders in the industry to enhance and grow operations of the IT team.
- Develop, test, and validate business continuity plans that ensure the IT infrastructure is protected from interruptions, short-term outages, and long-term disasters.
- Establish and deliver annual IT team goals; provide overall direction for team activities and priorities; develop project plans and schedules; effectively oversee third-party partners and contracts.
- Oversee annual expense and long-term IT capital budgets; exercise budget discipline through effective direct resource allocation and budget prioritization decisions.
- Develop a high-performance, results-driven team that seeks out opportunities for enhanced collaboration among other Heritage departments with the highest standards, professionalism, and a whatever-it-takes mentality.
- Recommend team staffing levels including optimal insource/outsource balance, recruit qualified individuals to fill approved positions. Provide mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities to develop and retain talented team members.
Education: BA/BS required
Experience: 7 or more years of experience managing corporate information systems/network team
Communication: Strong written and verbal communications skills
Technology: Strong understanding of IT networks, hardware, applications, and security
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional management and business skills; ability to set priorities, direct and manage the work of a diverse team.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to handle emergency situations, demonstrating sound judgment under pressure.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail; proven ability to handle multiple projects while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial management, and financial reporting.