Title: Workplace Services Manager
Reports To: Director, Workplace Services
Job Summary: The Workplace Services Manager advances Heritage’s mission and enterprise strategy by delivering a first-rate workplace and exceptional customer experiences across Heritage’s 250,000 square foot multi-site campus on Capitol Hill, supporting a 400 person workforce, and 6,000 events per year. The Workplace Services Manager is responsible for space planning, furniture procurement, staff amenities, corporate guest suites, and the parking program. The Workplace Services Manager demonstrates excellent stewardship of Heritage resources and the highest standards of excellence to achieve departmental objectives and business results.
- Support other teams’ efforts to accomplish the mission and vision of Heritage by providing accurate operational guidance and timely customer-centric service. Establish and maintain strong relationships with counterparts on other Heritage operations and support teams.
- Responsible for office space allocation and internal office moves, including scheduling and communication, coordination with Information Technology; supervising hired office movers and internal team members.
- Support the onboarding of new hires and interns: ensure office space is prepared, building access fobs and keys are issued, new-hire communication is sent, and updates to the personnel locator and other spreadsheets are accurate.
- Manage amenities provided to the Heritage team, including the fitness center’s equipment and operations, locker rooms, nursing mothers’ room, bike storage, and fresh vending, etc.; procure all supplies related to these amenities.
- Responsible for Heritage’s corporate vehicle and parking program, including parking facilities, and guest parking requests.
- Manage corporate guest suites, including reservations, furnishings, supplies, communication, and turnover; procure guest suite supplies and maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Recommend ways to use Heritage space to reflect its brand and communicate its message; manage donor recognition, wayfinding, branded signage and photos; regularly walk all Heritage properties to ensure appearance and maintenance of décor, furniture, and promotional materials.
- Maintain and recommend modifications to Heritage’s office and furniture standards; manage Heritage furniture and central supplies procurement, including on-site inventory, responding to staff requests, and purchasing new items.
- Monitor and assess the performance of contracted work against third-party vendor agreements. Recommend modifications to the scope of work and business terms of existing and renewal agreements in order to meet performance objectives while maintaining cost-effectiveness. Recommend opportunities to re-compete existing outsourced services; including drafting RFPs, conducting vendor interviews, and facilitating contract negotiations.
- Practice strong stewardship of resources through effective financial management processes including supporting budget submissions, reviewing expenses and revenue in the general ledger, processing invoices and expense reports, perform financial assessments and reporting of departmental activities and functions.
- Responsible for scheduling meeting logistics, maintaining calendar and contacts, maintaining departmental records, and preparing expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Experience: 5-10 years of relevant experience, including: facilities, space planning, interior design and furniture management.
Technology: Microsoft Word (proficient), Microsoft PowerPoint (advanced), Microsoft Excel (advanced). Microsoft Project, AutoCAD or CMMS experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to exercise sound judgement under pressure
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and anticipate consequences of actions
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives