Title: Staff Assistant
Reports To: Chief of Staff to the President
Job Summary: The Staff Assistant is responsible for general office support for the President’s Office in coordination with the Executive Assistant including clerical and administrative support, travel arrangements, welcoming guests, fielding phone calls. Responsible for general fact-finding and research for the President’s correspondence, projects, trips, meetings and remarks. Research selected topics and provide background material for speeches and remarks by the President.
- Assists in the planning and tracking of President’s Office events by reserving venues, drafting invitations and timelines, suggesting menus, reserving audio/visual equipment, and recording meeting metrics.
- Assist with research on selected topics to provide background material for correspondence or remarks by the President. Answer routine correspondence
- Maintains contact lists and coordinates mailings, invitations, and other communications to lists.
- Facilitates conference calls by reserving call lines, drafting invitations, and tracking RSVPs.
- Serves as office representative for information technology, office equipment, catering supplies.
- Provides general support for the Office of the President in coordination with the Executive Assistant including, fielding phone calls, welcoming guests and arranging parking when needed; helps to ensure the President’s appointments are on time and that the staff is aware of guests’ arrival; opens, sort, log, and track President’s Office mail.
- Monitor, track, and archive the President’s social media posts
- Track and archive the President’s event information and speeches
- Prepare and file expense reports
- Monitors delivery and pickup of materials
- Maintains department files
- Orders office supplies and maintains storage room.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
Communication: Mastery of English language and composition
Technology: Microsoft Office; internet skills; good understanding of Outlook; excellent typing and word processing skills; database experience helpful
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner
- Willingness and ability to recommend organizational improvements to superiors
- Basic knowledge of conservative policy issues
- Willingness to take direction and to work with others on a team
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.