Outreach Coordinator, Young Leaders Program
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Young Leaders Program
Title: Outreach Coordinator, Young Leaders Program
Reports To: Director, Young Leaders Program
Job Summary: The Outreach Coordinator of the Young Leaders Program is an articulate advocate for conservative principles and a dynamic connector in the conservative youth movement. Identifies, recruits, and trains young adult audiences through national conferences and campus visits. Promotes Heritage’s research and products, expands YLP’s visibility and reach on college campuses, develops and fosters relationships with university faculty and students, establishes relationships with campus liaisons to assist with on campus recruitment, schedules Heritage analysts as campus speakers, represents Heritage at campus internship fairs and youth conferences to increase awareness and participation across universities and the conservative movement, and works on partnerships with other conservative youth organizations. Manages and hosts campus engagement, YLP Alumni events, and movement partnerships. Tracks departmental data in our CRM system.
- Promote Heritage research and products, expand our visibility and reach on college campuses, and build relationships.
- Develop and foster relationships with university faculty and students, establish relationships and campus liaisons to assist with on-campus recruitment, schedule Heritage analysts as campus speakers, and represent The Heritage Foundation to audiences of young leaders.
- Coordinate and host student briefings and programs, including events with other youth organizations.
- Identify and recruit alumni and young professionals into our YLP networks.
- Identify opportunities to advance the Heritage vision with intern alumni and young leaders by hosting programs and participating in or tabling at conferences.
- Identify, recruit, and develop young conservative leaders in order for the Heritage Foundation to expand our reach to young audiences and new demographics.
- Increase the participation and engagement of alumni and young professionals through programming and communications.
- Identify, strategize, and execute regional and DC-based alumni receptions, along with young conservative professional programming.
- Work with our communications and marketing teams to help shape and deliver products that engage these target audiences.
- Maintain and track departmental data using Airtable and Salesforce; assist with weekly and quarterly reports.
Education: B.A. or B.S.
Experience: 2-4 years working in conservative, political, personnel, or student
activities and good understanding of and familiarity with the conservative movement required.
Communication: Strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail.
Technology: Microsoft Office, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Salesforce CRM.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission, vision for America, True North conservative principles, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Excited about reaching the next generation of conservative leaders.
- Strong social and logistical skills that enables them to engage in both individual and group settings, lead conversations, and speak publicly to conferences and student groups.
- Train and supervise interns as assigned.
- Good understanding of and familiarity with the conservative movement.
- Facilitate support for the Heritage agenda through strategic outreach to young leaders.
- Strong mentoring and organizational skills, goal- and detail-oriented, and enthusiasm for promoting others.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel for weekend conferences.