Executive and Operations Assistant
TITLE: EXECUTIVE AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Job Summary: The Executive and Operations Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) provides executive-level operational, logistical, and administrative support for the COO and his leadership team. The COO oversees day-to-day operations as well as Heritage’s talent, resource, and risk management while growing Heritage’s investment in and impact on the next generation of conservative leaders. The Executive and Operations Assistant is resourceful and proactive, maximizes productivity, thinks independently with an exceptional ability for anticipating the needs and priorities of the COO, and foresees what needs attention next and drives action. The Executive and Operations Assistant is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, exercises sound judgment when completing time-sensitive tasks, and employs discretion and confidentiality in all matters and at all times.
- Serve as the liaison to staff and external stakeholders seeking meetings and contact with the COO.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting logistics, maintaining calendar and contacts, maintaining departmental records, preparing expense reports, processing invoices, and other general administrative support.
- Prepare and edit briefing materials, communications, presentations, slide decks, spreadsheets, and other reports.
- Manage and track the COO’s daily and long-term calendar against Heritage-wide priorities and events while anticipating and avoiding scheduling conflicts.
- Ensure that meetings begin on time, deliver all prep material in advance, and filter distractions.
- Manage COO team annual planning activities including events, retreats, and team outings.
- Support Heritage’s affiliates and real estate investments; coordinate planning, logistics, and schedules with consultants, architects, contractors, Heritage departments, and staff.
- Administer Heritage’s property and liability insurance coverages by ensuring vendors comply with insurance requirements, coordinating insurance policy renewals and amendments, and processing certificates of insurance requests.
- Maintain regular communication with established community partners and seek out new opportunities for Heritage to support the local community.
- Other duties as assigned to support the COO and leadership team across multiple departments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required Experience: 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
Technology: Microsoft Outlook (advanced), Microsoft Word (proficient), Microsoft PowerPoint (advanced), Microsoft Excel (advanced)
- Strong organizational and planning skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize effectively and anticipate needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism; proven ability to forge trusting relationships across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to work both tactically and strategically with a high sense of urgency.
- Independent thinking and understanding the why of the project in addition to the what.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America and the team’s goals and objectives.