Title: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: Architect, implement and manage solutions to complete the cloud-first modernization of compute, storage, identity, networking, governance, analytics, web, and security.
- Extend the use of Azure Identity solutions to increase efficiency and security of Heritage IT operations, including building conditional access policies (or equivalent).
- Design and implement systems architectures, leveraging cloud and on-premises solutions to meet enterprise objectives, including back-office applications, messaging platforms and web platforms.
- Upgrade existing workloads leveraging Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, and SaaS solutions to deliver on organization priorities.
- Work closely with IT leadership and Information Security Analyst to design, implement, and continually security framework execution across Heritage systems.
- Work closely with IR (Incident Response) vendors to investigate, respond to, and hunt for threats using Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender, Microsoft 365 Defender, and third-party security products.
- Maintain, manage, and monitor on premise network traffic and hardware with support through vendors and 3rd parties.
- Support the extended use of Microsoft 365 solutions across the organization to achieve greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure backup architecture, monitoring and enforcement consistent with document retention policies.
- Develop and monitor service level agreements on availability and performance, taking action to remediate where necessary
- Manage telecom capabilities including overseeing relationships with ISPs, voice and offsite datacenter vendors and recommending improvements based on consumption analysis
- Plan, deliver, and manage virtual desktop experiences and remote app access via Azure services.
- Maintain, manage and monitor SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) solutions.
Education: BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology or related area (preferred)
Microsoft Certified Administrator/Engineer/Architect (preferred)
Experience: A minimum of 10 years relevant IT implementation experience
with at least 5 years in a senior technical capacity.
5+ years of experience architecting with 3rd party integration and/or cloud SaaS/PaaS
5+ years of experience working with applications, data and technology disciplines, gained in security sensitive environments.
3+ years of experience deploying and administering Azure resources including Virtual Desktop, Virtual Servers, networking, Intune, Defender ATP, Azure AD, Sentinel, Apps, Windows 365/Office 365 in a hybrid environment.
Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission, vision for America, True North conservative principles, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and anticipate consequences of actions
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all proprietary information
- Availability to work on-site as needed to meet IT objectives
- Superior technical and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with a keen sense of follow-through
- On-call responsibilities as assigned including occasional after-hours needs.