Government Relations Manager
TITLE: GOVERNMENT RELATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, CONGRESSIONAL RELATIONS
JOB SUMMARY: The Government Relations Manager is responsible for engaging Members of Congress, administration officials, and official staff to advance Heritage policy solutions, and promoting and marketing 100% of the research output of Heritage’s Domestic policy issues to the policy making community. Manager will promote and market Heritage’s research through educational fellowships, issue briefings, original writing, media appearances, one on one in person and digital communications, email marketing, and other innovative methods of engagement. Additionally charged with establishing and fostering positive relationships with members of the Congressional audience and utilizing those relationships to advance the mission of the Heritage Foundation.
- Devise, execute and track strategic engagement with Members of Congress, Staff and Administration Officials.
- Plan and execute the Civil Society Fellowship and Health Care Fellowship programs in coordination with the Domestic Policy Center.
- Plan and execute issue specific monthly working groups for Hill staff.
- Coordinate and execute Congressional staff briefings on topics within issue areas.
- Actively contribute to Heritage issues management discussions supplying strategies and information relevant to the discussion.
- Communicate Heritage policy positions on Capitol Hill and in coalition meetings.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the Emerging Leaders Conference and other Department wide priorities.
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience and extensive knowledge of Capitol Hill Communication: Skilled writer
Technology: Advanced MS Office and Outlook; Database management and social media
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, conservative principles and the department's goals and objectives
- Knowledge of and ability to articulate Heritage policy positions
- Confident and motivated self-starter with the ability to balance multiple projects at once.
- Innovative thinker with excellent time management skills