Research Associate, Tech Policy Center
Title: Research Associate
Reports to: Director, Tech Policy Center
Job Summary: Research Associate contributes to the development of tech policy papers, studies, and reports by conducting research and drafting portions of larger studies or complete smaller studies, especially on the impact of technology on culture, society, and American self-governance. Supports Tech Policy Center in advancing Heritage agenda of holding Big Tech companies accountable through antitrust enforcement, reform of existing legislation, and the proposal of new measures to end its abuses and challenge its anti-competitive practices. Serves on research teams with significant responsibilities, with a particular focus on regulatory analysis and rulemaking by tech-related government agencies; being prepared for a policy analyst role.
- Writes sections of reports for review by senior researchers
- Organizes data or information for use in policy papers
- Serves on research teams with responsibility for action items
- Organizes events and meetings
- Prepares remarks for speeches and conferences
- Provides research for Congressional testimonies
Education: BA or BS
Experience: 1-4 years research and writing experience
Communication: Skilled writer; ability to organize data for use in policy papers
Technology: MS Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of the conservative movement and principles; ability to apply principles to policy research on current topics.
- Has some experience analyzing federal regulations and/or rulemaking.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America and the department's goals and objectives.