Title: Service Desk Manager
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: Manages life cycle of select technology projects, providing tactical and operational direction for the end to end delivery of internal IT solutions. Works closely with IT architecture team and key stakeholders to meet organizational project delivery standards and goals. Responsible for clean handoff to Service Desk team at project completion, including documentation and training. Manages continued success of key technology implementations through management of Service Desk technicians to deliver exceptional customer experience and business results.
Service Desk Management
- Oversees the classification and completion of all incoming Service Desk requests, incidents and problems.
- Coordinates urgent and complicated support issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Acts as escalation point for diagnostic and troubleshooting issues.
- Schedules employees working times and provide backup support.
- Develops Service Desk processes to ensure:
- work toward issue resolution with appropriate urgency,
- root cause of issues is identified and addressed,
- new learnings are integrated into service desk and end-user documentation,
- customer service is prioritized in every interaction, and
- ensure appropriate issue data is collected within the tracking system.
- Implements an effective and workable framework for daily performance, metrics and benchmarks, and team organization standards and processes designed to provide highly effective customer service.
Technical Systems Implementation
- Manages design, analysis, development, and implementation of select technology systems.
- Utilizes project management methodologies to ensure successful project implementation.
- Works with internal staff and outside vendors to coordinate operational support for IT systems, applications, and infrastructure.
- Collaboratively works with vendors, technical stakeholders, and IT architects to implement new technology.
- Technical program oversight of productivity and back office programs in collaboration with Manager, Business Technology.
- Provides occasional configuration support to IT architecture team as needed.
- Develops documentation and Service Desk training to ensure successful project handoff as required
Technical Research and Development
- Tracks new and emerging trends in technology that affect and/or may benefit the IT department and the Heritage Foundation.
- Performs internal systems and program performance analysis and develops targeted recommendations for improvement.
- Work with Manager, Business Technology and Enterprise Architect to gather technical requirements and opportunities and translate into functional design specifications.
Education: Masters’ degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 5-7 years’ technical experience supporting systems and devices in a Microsoft environment with a proven track record in a lead or supervisory capacity. Experience in project management, cost-benefit analysis and/or budgeting. Technical certifications and management training are highly desired.
- Superior technical and analytical skills
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and anticipate consequences of actions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented with an ability to deliver on time and on budget
- On-call responsibilities as assigned including occasional after-hours needs
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives