Mid-Level Giving Manager
Title: Mid-Level Giving Manager
Reports to: Director, Membership
Job Summary: The Mid-Level Giving Manager is an entrepreneur responsible for leadership and execution of the President's Club Program including acquisition, cultivation, retention, and maximizing current and long-term revenue from donors giving $1,000 - $9,999 annually. This includes solicitation and stewardship of these donors to increase the number of President’s Club Members, and the amount and frequency of their giving across all channels. The Manager coordinates with internal partners and external marketing agencies to execute on these initiatives.
- Lead the President’s Club Program to new levels of success via direct marketing channels, including mail and telemarketing, and collaborate with the Digital Team on online communications.
- Establish a multiyear plan to achieve objectives for the program.
- Develop strategy for the entire donor journey, across all channels, in collaboration with the Membership team by guiding the messaging, strategies, and techniques for Heritage Foundation members who support at the President’s Club level.
- Set, manage, and continuously evaluate a multi-million dollar budget to meet income, retention, and growth goals.
- Manage the vendor that oversees a group of external telemarketing representatives who regularly solicit and steward President’s Club members.
- Work closely with the Events team and Donor Relations team to plan and execute the annual President’s Club meeting for members, serving as the primary liaison for Development.
- Work with the Data Analytics team to develop effective and innovative strategies for donor retention, renewals, and upgrades.
- Analyze campaign and program-wide results to ensure growth goals are being met and adjust strategies as necessary.
- Work with internal departments and external vendors to develop content and creative assets to support the donor experience.
- Manage outside vendors to execute multi-channel fundraising and cultivation campaigns and evaluate ongoing results.
- Report monthly to management on program success, plans for future success, and solutions for any shortcomings.
Education: BA/BS required
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience, direct marketing experience and demonstrated success hitting annual revenue goals preferred.
Technology: Microsoft Suite; experience using Blackbaud CRM or other similar CRM.
Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with Heritage members and individuals at all levels internal and external to Heritage.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives
- Excellent time management and ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with databases and analyze data
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and work effectively with consultants
- Ability to solve problems, work under pressure, think creatively, and act independently
- Sound judgement, analytical, and problem solving skills with the ability to devise strategies from appropriate data