Social Media Editor
- WASHINGTON, DC
- Full Time
- The Daily Signal
Title: Social media Editor, The Daily Signal
Reports to: Editor in Chief And Director, The Daily Signal
Job Summary: The Social Media Editor oversees the social media presence of The Daily Signal, the news outlet of The Heritage Foundation. Pair a journalism background with a strong understanding of and experience in social media and create original content for social media platforms.
- Oversees The Daily Signal’s presence on social media platforms, and in collaboration with editor in chief, develops and implements a social media strategy that optimizes Daily Signal’s reach and influence.
- Writes and schedules social media posts for Daily Signal.
- Writes scripts for and appears in videos, as well as Instagram stories
- Working with creative team, oversees creation of original graphics for Daily Signal social media channels and site.
- Collaborates closely with Multimedia team to ensure Heritage and Daily Signal social media strategies are supporting each other, and determine release strategy for videos.
- Produce weekly analytics report on Daily Signal social media performance, and regularly recommend concepts to test or try out to maximize audience reach and impact.
- Collaborate closely with Daily Signal team to ensure timely promotion of content, as well as advise on how to maximize content’s social media reach.
- Advise Daily Signal journalists on content creation for social media sites.
- Build and maintain sharing partnerships with other news sites and conservative organizations.
- Help Daily Signal journalists develop followings on key social media sites.
- Track closely what’s buzzing on social media and share that information with Daily Signal team.
- Stay current with digital trends, and regularly propose changes to social strategy that reflect those trends.
- Represent Daily Signal at appropriate media conferences and functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3 or more years of journalism experience; digital experience preferred
Communication: Excellent editing and writing skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
Technology: Microsoft Office and Outlook, WordPress
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and The Daily Signal’s team’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize them, and deliver first-rate work.
- Able to think creatively and innovatively, and use data to inform strategy.