People Operations Analyst
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- People Operations
Title: People Operations Analyst
Reports to: Director, People operations
Job Summary: The People Operations Analyst will be responsible for providing high-level support to the HRIS Manager in collecting, compiling, and analyzing data, metrics, and statistics. Along with the HRIS Manager and the Director of People Operations, the People Operations Analyst will apply data to make recommendations related to compensation, audit requests, and benefit plans. Uses extensive knowledge of databases for developing, updating, and designing reports and data files for internal uses and vendor data sharing.
- Payroll Support: Assist in processing biweekly payroll, adjusting paychecks for salary changes and deductions; preparing summary payroll reports for accounting purposes; maintaining payroll records. Enter and update employee information and timesheets in the payroll system, and ensure that all payments relating to payroll deductions are handled timely and accurately.
- HRIS Support: Assist in developing and analyzing Business Intelligence database reports for departmental and organizational use. Produce quarterly reports and statistics related to staffing and turnover.
- Benefit Administration: Prepare monthly reports to update the life, disability, long-term care, and flex plan programs; maintain all materials for insurance benefits. Prepare enrollment materials for the retirement plans and update the quarterly performance reports for the model portfolios and investment menu.
- Compensation Support: Maintain “live” org charts for all departments with each employee’s name and title, and prepare annual salary budget charts with salaries and related budget information. Update the salary range database with new market data from selected salary surveys, including data entry and reviewing/updating job matches. Assist in the preparation of materials for the annual Board compensation committee meeting.
- Audit Preparation: Assist in the preparation of the annual Form 990 compensation report. Assist the Finance and Accounting team with the preparation of the yearly financial audit. Assist the Director of People Operations and the HRIS Manager with preparing materials for the annual 401a Retirement Plan Audit.
- Cross-Functional Support – Provide support across the People Operations team on an ad-hoc basis, which includes cross-training on multiple platforms and processes.
- Professional Development – Regularly seek out continuing education, especially on best practices, trends, and new inspiration, by reading publications, attending seminars, and consulting with other industry professionals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, HR, or related fields
Experience: 2-3 years of related experience
Communication: Clear and effective written and verbal communication
Technology: Proficient in HRIS systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to think critically and handle emergency situations, demonstrating sound judgment under pressure and being accountable when working with a team.
- Familiarity with federal and state payroll and compliance laws.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.