Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: Director, donor communications
Job Summary: As a key member of the Donor Communications team, the Grants Manager will own the end-to-end lifecycle of grants from top foundations, from proposal development, to delivery, to post-award reporting. The Grants Manager will have the opportunity to inspire transformational gifts from large foundations based on Heritage’s impact.
- Ensures effective end-to-end lifecycle of grants from top foundations, from proposal development, to delivery, to post-award reporting
- Clearly articulates Heritage’s current and future impact
- Writes grant proposals and reports; completes foundation worksheets and online applications
- Owns relationships with foundation program officers
- Works collaboratively with Heritage’s gift officers to develop relationships with foundation officers and executives and to develop written materials such as proposals and reports
- Manages pre-award functions, including budget development, coordinating receipt of necessary documents with both internal and external collaborators, and submission of the final proposal
- Manages post-award functions, including tracking due dates and preparing progress reports
- Ensures application complies with award terms and conditions and applicable federal and state regulations
- Develops detailed line-item budgets, ensuring budget expenses are allowable, allocable, and reasonable for specific project and proposal
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum of five years grant management experience, either at a nonprofit or within a foundation
Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technology: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives.
- Experience with technical writing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines