Workplace Services Manager
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Workplace Services
Title: Workplace Services Manager
Reports To: Director, Workplace Services
Job Summary: The Workplace Services Manager advances Heritage’s mission and enterprise strategy by delivering a first-rate workplace and exceptional customer experiences across Heritage’s 250,000 square foot multi-site campus on Capitol Hill, supporting a 400-person workforce, and 6,000 events per year. The Workplace Services Manager is responsible for space planning, executing interior design modifications, furniture procurement, and supporting real estate and capital expenditure projects. The Workplace Services Manager demonstrates excellent stewardship of Heritage resources and the highest standards of excellence to achieve departmental objectives and business results.
- Support other teams’ efforts to accomplish the mission and vision of Heritage by providing accurate operational guidance and timely customer-centric service. Establish and maintain strong relationships with counterparts on other Heritage operations and support teams.
- Support real estate, building improvements, and capital expenditure projects. Source contractors/vendors (when required), create the schedules, and manage the projects with the contractors, architects, and designers; administer master service agreements and certificates of insurance.
- Responsible for overall office space allocation and larger internal office moves, including long-term planning, creating maps, scheduling, communicating to stakeholders, collaborating with Information Technology; supervising hired office movers and internal team members.
- Supporting facility requirements associated with Events and Programming by coordinating any required Workplace Services efforts.
- Responsible for Heritage’s corporate vehicle licensing and regular maintenance.
- Recommend ways to use Heritage space to reflect its brand and communicate its message; manage donor recognition, wayfinding, branded signage and photos; regularly walk all Heritage properties to ensure appearance and maintenance of décor, furniture, and property.
- Maintain Heritage’s office and furniture standards. Recommend additions for new spaces. Review and approve furniture purchases.
- Monitor and assess the performance of contracted work against third-party vendor agreements. Recommend modifications to the scope of work and business terms of existing and renewal agreements in order to meet performance objectives while maintaining cost-effectiveness. Recommend opportunities to re-compete existing outsourced services; including drafting RFPs, conducting vendor interviews, facilitating contract negotiations, and administering master service agreements and certificates of insurance.
- Practice strong stewardship of resources through effective financial management processes including supporting budget submissions, reviewing expenses and revenue in the general ledger, processing invoices and expense reports, perform financial assessments and reporting of departmental activities and functions.
- Responsible for scheduling meeting logistics, maintaining calendar and contacts, maintaining departmental records, and preparing expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: 3-8 years of relevant experience, including: facilities, space planning, construction project management, interior design, and vendor management. Ability to read/understand architectural drawings.
Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills
Technology: Microsoft Word (proficient), Microsoft PowerPoint (advanced), Microsoft Excel (advanced), Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Microsoft Project preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to exercise sound judgement under pressure
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and anticipate consequences of actions
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, True North conservative principles and the team’s goals and objectives