Assistant Director, IT Infrastructure
Title: Assistant Director, IT Infrastructure
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: Deliver a performant, reliable, secure, and cost-effective IT infrastructure to fulfill Heritage strategic goals. Oversee systems administration, network and telecom infrastructure, desktop computing, and backup operations, and enterprise IT security. Directly supervise, mentor and develop the Cloud Infrastructure Administrator, Systems Administrator and Information Security Analyst.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to Heritage’s IT systems, networking and security functions, providing guidance on enterprise-wide procurement decisions related to cloud services, software, hardware, mobility, and telecommunications.
- Deliver networking, compute and storage via cloud and on-premises infrastructure, as optimally serves Heritage’s strategic goals.
- Develop and manage software and data catalogs to deliver performant, resilient, risk aware, and cost-efficient support for strategic goals.
- Manage the development of training, communication and documentation required for smooth execution of IT infrastructure projects.
- Maintain a strong IT security posture over enterprise-wide technology platforms and systems, managing multi-layered systems to protect Heritage technology resources from malicious attacks.
- Serve as incident response lead to ensure that infrastructure outages are treated with appropriate urgency, consideration, and persistence in coordination with key partners.
- Recommend team staffing levels including optimal insource/outsource balance, recruit qualified individuals to fill approved positions.
- Provide mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities to develop and retain talented team members through a combination of weekly face-to-face meetings, targeted training, and purposeful coaching.
- Collaborates with IT colleagues in developing data architecture, application development, outsourced vendors relationships, desktop support, project management, and disaster recovery direction.
- Provides guidance for all IT-related areas, including infrastructure and data architecture, application development and support, business process re-engineering, networks, telecommunications systems, out-sourced vendor relationships, desktop support, project management, core systems management, and disaster recovery/business resumption.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for IT infrastructure projects and improvements.
- Collaborate on appropriate IT policies, processes, systems and technology/lifecycle management to maintain alignment with the business strategy.
- Manage vendor relationships, service levels, costs, and risks. Review and recommend contracts for information technology services and equipment.
Education: BA/BS preferred, advanced degree preferred
Experience: 7-10 years’ experience implementing technical solutions across multiple platforms
Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills
Technology: Experience implementing and maintaining IAAS and PAAS offerings; networking, endpoint security; virtualization; Windows Server systems administration; and backup systems
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America and the department’s goals and objectives
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to assess current opportunities in the context of multi-year plans
- Willingness to occasionally work after hours in response to incidents and to minimize impacts of deployments