Assistant Director, Customer Data
Title: Assistant Director, Customer Data
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: The Assistant Director, Customer Data leads the operation of the Customer Data program to deliver solutions that increase Heritage’s capacity to drive support for our policy priorities. The Assistant Director leads across functions to establish data architecture and processes that organize the supporter profiles for continued engagement with Heritage.
- Build addressable audiences of customers with known interest in particular issues, enabling targeted marketing to deepen engagement with existing, known audiences.
- Develop and deliver actionable, strategic, and data-driven recommendations that improve the efficacy of our outreach programs.
- Leverage 1st party and 3rd party data to drive effective engagement and activation of Heritage audiences.
- Collaborate with Heritage staff to develop measurements, implement tracking technologies and create actionable reporting on customer data across engagement systems and analytics platforms.
- Engage with cross-functional outreach team leaders to understand their key objectives, identify where data quality is critical to success, and then implement policies, standards, and processes to drive measurable results.
- Train and educate internal partners on data access, reporting, and analysis tools.
- Work closely with other functions to enable more data-informed decisions
- In concert with the Director, provide leadership, direction, and day-to-day management to the Customer Data team (including staffing, budgeting, and other relevant management and administrative functions).
- Identify, mentor, develop and retain high performing analytics and data professionals.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 10 years related work experience in managing and implementing digital engagement and customer data systems and processes.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives
- A successful track record of implementing customer engagements systems and data integration platforms
- Strong face-to-face and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to gather, synthesize and summarize data; experience with BI tools
- Proficiency in leading projects and delivering solutions to a diverse set of stakeholder challenges in a cross-functional team environment