Title: Membership Associate for Direct Marketing
Reports to: Senior Director, Development Operations
Job Summary: The Membership Associate for Direct Marketing is responsible for the execution of direct mail and telemarketing campaigns for The Heritage Foundation’s Membership Programs including acquisition, Annual Appeal, mid-level, and President’s Club programs. The Associate works with the Production Manager and Membership Managers to ensure solicitation and stewardship strategies are carried out in a way that builds relationships and ensures long term growth. This involves coordination with mail agencies, copywriters, list brokers, and the data team, as well as close collaboration with the Membership Associate (Online) to ensure multi-channel effects are realized.
- Direct Mail – Manage the review of copy, art, data, and production for all direct mail and cultivation campaigns.
- Telemarketing – Manage the review of scripting, data, and scheduling of telemarketing campaigns.
- Cultivation communications - Design and execute an ongoing messaging strategy, based on market research, robust testing, and established Membership strategy to deepen donors’ relationship with Heritage to build familiarity and trust.
- Develop gifts and content for Heritage members in order to help cultivate individuals and upgrade giving.
- Oversee Heritage relationship-building programs that include Heritage Members News newsletter, regular cultivation letters, teletownhalls, new member messaging, and welcome techniques to increase new donor conversion and revenue.
Experience: 3+ years of direct marketing experience preferred. Knowledge of direct marketing techniques, data analysis, current events, and conservative thought is essential.
Communication: Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills are essential.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Strong detail-oriented production skills, including the ability to proof accurately
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proven time management and project management experience.
- Ability to work effectively with outside consultants.
- Ability to solve problems, work under pressure, think creatively, and act independently.
- Attention to detail and proofing abilities.
- Sound judgement, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills