Coordinator, Oversight Project
Title: Coordinator, Oversight Project
Reports to: Director, Oversight Project
Job Summary: The Coordinator provides exceptional administrative and program support to the Oversight Project team by assisting with day-to-day operations, conducting research projects, and coordinating with other Heritage staff and external partners. The Oversight Project Coordinator is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, exercises sound judgement, coordinates multiple, time-sensitive projects/priorities, and is a well-organized, detail-oriented member of the team.
- Manage Director and Chief Counsel's schedules, travel arrangements, meeting itineraries and briefing materials.
- Organize the administrative materials for ongoing FOIA requests and lawsuits.
- File and organize document productions within internal systems.
- Organize and manage internal and external events, conferences, and meetings, including invitations, logistics, and accounting details.
- Provide research support for ongoing investigations.
- Provide administrative support to Oversight Project team, including preparing activity and expense reports, procuring office supplies, maintaining department files, databases, and contact lists, routing correspondence, and carrying out special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Chief Counsel.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 0 – 3 years of relevant experience, preferably Capitol Hill scheduling, staff assistant duties, or paralegal work
Communication: Excellent communications, writing, and proofreading skills
Technology: Microsoft Suite; database experience preferred
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to recommend organizational improvements to superiors.
- Ability to take direction and to work with others in a team.
- Basic knowledge of policy issues and American government.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.