Senior Advisor, Coalitions
Title: Senior Advisor, Coalitions
Reports to: Director, Coalitions
Job Summary: The Senior Advisor, Coalitions is responsible for working with the Director of Coalitions to represent Heritage to coalition partners in Washington D.C. and across the country, identify growth opportunities with new and known audiences, make recommendations on communication and collaboration with partners, and execute robust coalition activities to advance the organization's policy priorities. The Senior Advisor, Coalitions manages the Hispanic engagement portfolio as well as the coordination of all engagement portfolios across the Coalitions Team. As a representative of Heritage and the Outreach Department, the Senior Advisor must possess excellent communication and presentation skills and effectively represent the organization to advance our vision and mission.
- Represent The Heritage Foundation and Heritage policy priorities to coalition partners in Washington, D.C. and across the country by participating in meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Organize and host strategic conversations adjacent to meetings, conferences, and events in Washington, D.C. and across the country.
- Develop and execute coalition activity in support of Heritage’s policy priorities, including but not limited to coordinating and leading coalition meetings, creating and leading educational briefings and events, and drafting communications to coalition audiences.
- Make strategic recommendations on building and growing relationships with national and state-based conservative movement organizations, key stakeholders, and leaders.
- Lead coalition activity with national and state-based conservative movement organizations, key stakeholders, and leaders – including but not limited to hosting or attending meetings, coordinating action calls, and circulating coalition letters.
- Curate and manage coalition partner database of new and known audiences; track ongoing movement activity in those audiences.
- Build and grow direct outreach to Hispanic organizations and leaders across the country by making recommendations for relationships and collaboration based on shared policy priorities, leading efforts to further integrate them into established policy coalitions and collaborating with the Coalitions Team to draft and produce tailored resources and communications.
- Make recommendations regarding and manage integration of engagement audiences into standing coalitions.
Education: BA/BS required
Experience: At least 7-9 years of relevant experience in coalitions, external affairs, policy, or communications; at least 5 years of specific experience in grassroots or conservative public policy-based role is preferred.
Technology: Microsoft Suite; experience using Salesforce or similar CRM platform.
Communication: Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills. Spanish language fluency required.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Promote policies consistent with Heritage’s priorities; speak with one voice.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Display keen interest in and clear understanding of conservative policy priorities.
- Ability to represent Heritage to other organizations across the country and manage successful relationships based on trust and respect.
- Thrive in a fast-paced team atmosphere.
- Have a bias for action – take the initiative and demonstrate the ability to self-manage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Willing to travel extensively.