Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief of Staff to the President
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant oversees the day-to-day operations of the Office of the President; provides executive-level program and administrative support; and works collaboratively with the Heritage Foundation team members. Responsible for logistical support, and helping with administrative and clerical needs of the Office of the President. This includes coordinating travel and events, and helping to ensure that the President’s office is well organized and prepared to carry out its daily tasks. Assist with general office responsibilities, interns, and special projects. Consistently employs diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; exercises sound judgment; coordinates multiple, time-sensitive projects and priorities; and is a well-organized, detail-oriented member of the team.
- Arranges and provides all transportation needs in Washington and around the country for President and the President’s Office.
- Manages all correspondence for the President’s Office, including phone calls, letters, and emails with donors.
- Runs the President’s daily calendar, ensuring the calendar is strictly followed and updated as necessary.
- Serve as the liaison and gatekeeper to internal and external stakeholders seeking meetings and contact with the President; ensure efficient execution of the President’s portfolio of activities.
- Manages the President’s travel—coordinating the logistics with President’s office and the rest of the building, as well as following up with any post-travel assignments.
- Monitoring Board Member special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, accomplishments etc.) and managing President’s gifts, greetings and acknowledgments to board members.
- Prepares the briefing materials that support President’s Office events and travel.
- Assist with taking minutes at Board meetings.
- Manage the Confidential Calendar
- Manage and track new employee meetings, welcome letters and staff birthdays
- Manage and track President’s engagement with staff acknowledgements
- Assist the Deputy Chief of Staff with President’s office interns.
- Administrative and general support for the Office of the President: sort mail, answer phones, filing, and maintaining contact lists.
- Coordinates events, meetings, lunches, etc. for the President in DC and across the country.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 3-5 years of administrative experience.
Communication: Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills.
Technology: Strong information technology skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, and other scheduling and planning software; typing and word processing skills; database experience helpful.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented; organizational skills.
- Flexible schedule for driving and travel needs, both in DC and trips around the country.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willingness to listen, take direction and work with others.
- Organized, able to multi-task, focus, and able to perform tasks quickly and accurately.
- Strong intuition and awareness of delicate situations and information.