Talent Acquisition Associate
Title: Talent Acquisition Associate
Reports to: Director, People operations
Job Summary: The Talent Acquisition Associate is responsible for sourcing, attracting, and interviewing prospective employees to identify the best talent for Heritage. The Talent Acquisition Associate will collaborate with hiring managers to identify a pool of qualified candidates, as well as be proactive in identifying future hiring needs. The Talent Acquisition Associate utilizes significant awareness of and interest in current public policy issues to conduct research relevant to the recruitment process.
- Manage, under the direction of the Director of People Operations, all aspects of The Heritage Foundation recruitment initiatives.
- Design job descriptions to ensure the skills and requirements comport with the career level; work with the hiring manager to ensure all components are accurately reflected.
- Provide high-level recruiting support to Heritage management, including conducting phone and in-person interviews as needed, providing guidance on relevant interview questions, and identifying association or professional organizations to advertise a position.
- Maintain Heritage’s profile on recruiting platforms, including Indeed, LinkedIn Recruiter, Jazz HR, Ultimate Software Recruiting, and others. Identify other platforms for sourcing and recruiting as needed.
- Proactively and creatively source candidates using a variety of search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with job applicants, hiring managers, outside recruiters, and temporary agencies.
- Create relevant metrics related to recruiting activities, including but not limited to the source of hire, time to fill, and applicants per opening.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director, Job Bank and Talent Placement to expand the pool of qualified candidates for key positions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources, or related field.
Experience: 4-5 years of professional work experience in Recruiting
Communication: Proven ability to communicate and can effectively “sell” an organization’s mission and value proposition. Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact with candidates and employees at all levels throughout the organization.
Technology: Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience in Applicant Tracking Systems.
Travel: Travel to conferences, network events, and job fairs as needed. Approximately 10-15% travel.
- Experience working with recruiting tools and systems, including resume databases, internet sourcing tools, and spreadsheets.
- Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing problems.
- Self-starter with excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.