Title: Systems Administrator
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: The Systems Administrator is responsible for day-to-day administration of Heritage’s IT infrastructure, including networking, server administration for on-premise systems, telecom systems, and virtualized environments. Specific responsibilities include installation, ongoing configuration, maintenance and monitoring of critical infrastructure. The Systems Administrator will serve as a trusted advisor to IT leadership, helping to troubleshoot, research and implement IT solutions to meet enterprise goals and objectives. Works with vendors on physical infrastructure, system design and security response activities.
- Networking: Monitor uptime, troubleshoot and resolve issues with telecommunications lines, network switches, access points and PBX and SBC infrastructure. Collaborate with Cloud Infrastructure Administrator in network design and configuration implementations. Administer Wi-Fi and wired networks for device access, SSID configuration, and VLAN configuration.
- Continuity: Design, execute, and regularly validate successful backup and restore. Integrate disaster recovery considerations into all system design activities. Monitor uptime, troubleshoot and resolve issues with on premise services including print and room reservation servers.
- Security: Collaborate with Information Infrastructure Team in security design and configuration implementations. Participate in cyber incident response activities. Research and provide relevant log activity. Administer firewall and load balancers. Administer security-related systems (SAML, PKI authority).
- Monitoring: Configure logging and alerting in SIEM and related services. Conducting regular audits to validate exceptions. Troubleshoot identified problems.
- Cloud Service Administration: Monitor uptime, troubleshoot and resolve issues. Research, identify and recommend services to meet business needs. Administer advanced configurations of Exchange Online; Azure Active Directory; Office 365 Groups; device and application policies via Intune; Teams, and various Office 365 application integrations.
- Service Desk engagement: Supply third-tier technical support to Service Desk technicians. Regularly document and brief Service Desk on the impact of upcoming changes to systems. Work closely with Service Desk to automate user administration tasks.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline preferred; Azure certification preferred.
Experience: 5 or more years of systems and network administration in a primarily Microsoft environment, and a wide knowledge base of OS administration and software applications including: Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, certificate authorities, PowerShell, Virtualization, CCNA/CCNP level knowledge of routing and switching, Azure and Office 365 – all within a high security environment
Environment: Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure, Active Directory/Azure AD, Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Palo Alto firewall, VEEAM, VMware server and desktop virtualization, Azure Virtual Desktop, Network Access Control/802.1x, Aruba ClearPass and Mobility Master.
Communication: Pro-active documentation of configuration changes and troubleshooting activities.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America and the department’s goals and objectives
- On-call responsibilities as assigned; ability to work after-hours when necessary
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and anticipate consequences of actions
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and carry out responsibilities in a timely manner
- Effective verbal and written communication required
- Willing and eager to work with a variety of individuals