Title: Policy Promotion Assistant
Reports to: Director, Congressional and Executive Branch Relations
Job Summary: The Policy Promotion Assistant will provide administrative support for Heritage’s Ronald Reagan Fellow Policy Promotion. Update Policy Promotion’s data files, track engagement activities, update Congressional and Executive branch email lists and assist in furthering the development of audience engagement strategies.
- Book appointments and maintain functional daily schedule and long-term calendar for the Ronald Reagan Fellow.
- Perform administrative functions as necessary in the office of the Ronald Reagan Fellow.
- Update email distribution lists on a continual basis for the Congressional and Executive Branches. Manage updates of unsubscribes, forwarding addresses, and special preferences.
- Data entry of all attendance and participation date for all policy promotion events.
- Track relevant engagement activities through specified software.
- Provide administrative support as necessary for Congressional and Executive Branch Relations.
- Coordinate the use of the data in the Department’s overall engagement strategy.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: 1 year + relevant experience
Communication: Skilled writer
Computer: Microsoft Office; internet skills; good understanding of Outlook or other scheduling and planning software; excellent typing and word processing skills; database experience helpful
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives
- Disciplined and organized hard-worker.
- Motivated, self-starter