Senior Graphic Designer, Marketing
Title: Senior Graphic Designer, Marketing
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Job Summary: The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the design, layout, and production of creative concepts for complex and large-scale print and digital products, including event collateral, editorial publications, advertising campaigns, and video components that advance organizational goals. The Senior Graphic Designer also participates in project collaboration within the Marketing team and across the organization to create brand appropriate design solutions that resonate with defined audiences.
- Deeply understand the visual identity of both Heritage and The Daily Signal and translate those defined aesthetics into visual solutions that are appropriate for both the brand and audiences across all media.
- Work with Marketing Director and Art Director to evolve visual style guides for both Heritage and The Daily Signal.
- Design visual concepts and layouts for complex and large-scale print and digital products—including event collateral (invite packages, signage, stage design), editorial publications, advertising campaigns, video components and other visual collateral—that promote Heritage’s policy research and support organizational goals.
- Contribute to discussions to focus and translate organizational needs and ensure approaches that are appropriate for brand and audiences are explored for each creative project.
- Contribute strategic and tactical ideas to improve Creative team processes and develop a team environment that fosters creativity.
- Find or create appropriate art (photos, illustrations, other graphics) for design projects, heritage.org, and dailysignal.com.
- Prepare files for print vendors and/or for digital dissemination, review technical aspects of publication designs, outline and confirm specifications for printing, sign off on vendor proofs and printing specifications, and manage hard proofs for projects with remote designers.
- Work with Art Director to identify opportunities for special production details.
- Maintain standards of quality, legibility, and aesthetics in all design materials.
- Appropriately express and suggest evolution to the visual identity of the Heritage family of brands across all media.
- Performs other, related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
Experience: 4-5 years of experience in graphic or visual design; in-house agency experience preferred
Communication: Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Technology: Macintosh; Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat); knowledge of emerging technologies and trends
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Promote policies consistent with Heritage’s priorities; speak with one voice.
- High level of proficiency in design, able to clearly articulate design rationale, brand appropriateness.
- Thoughtful giver and receiver of constructive critique; ability to objectively process feedback to effectively evolve conversations and designs.
- Highly organized and disciplined, can pace work to meet all agreed-upon deadlines.
- Close attention to design aesthetics and details.
- Strong understanding of print production.