Title: Service Desk Specialist
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: The Service Desk Specialist supports the day-to-day activities and operations of the Heritage Foundation IT Service Desk, whose mission is to ensure Heritage Foundation team members have proper and secure access to computing resources, networks, applications, files and data. The Specialist provides excellent customer service and technical support for an onsite and remote workforce utilizing 400+ workstations, mobile devices, telecommunication systems, software applications and virtualized desktops.
- Serves as the initial contact for all support encounters with responsibilities for resolving issues with account access, network connectivity, and application usage.
- Adopt and portray a professional approach to all customer situations and ensure commitments are set accordingly and adhered to.
- Escalates issues as appropriate to 3rd party or in-house escalation resources, tracking incident status from initial point of contact to completion.
- Provides follow-up documentation, training, and support to address root cause of incidents and ensure service requests.
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Provide hands and eyes support for network, servers, and conference rooms as needed and as directed by the service provider
- Engages in technical project work to advance departmental goals and objectives
- Responsible for documenting incidents, problems and requests in the company ticketing system.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date and accurate end-user documentation for applications, systems, and access to networks at the direction of the Service Desk Manager.
- Supports internal office moves and assists with tasks related to onboarding and off-boarding of team members.
- Learns the various functions of the IT department. Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to increase general and specific knowledge of hardware, software, systems and processes in order to better support the operations and effectiveness of the Heritage team.
- On-call responsibilities as assigned including occasional after-hours needs.
- Other duties as assigned to advance the objectives and goals of the IT team.
Education: Technical certifications aligned with Service Desk responsibilities preferred.
Experience: The Specialist position requires 2-4 years’ experience in Information Technology support roles with demonstrated experience and expertise with Microsoft Office 365 and Windows operating systems running on a variety of devices. Basic systems administration experience in Active Directory or cloud-based solutions preferred. Experience supporting a mixed Windows and Apple environment is preferred. Hands on expertise with OS X and iOS devices and applications is a plus.
Environment: Office 365, Microsoft Windows 10; Apple iOS and OS X devices, Active Directory, Dell Desktops and Laptops, VMWare VDI, HP Printers, Canon Multi-Function Copiers, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Intune Management
- Outstanding customer service skills; eager to provide excellent support to end users with varying levels of technology savvy
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility and follow through
- Ability to problem solve and creatively approach support scenarios.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission, vision for America, True North conservative principles, and the department’s goals and objectives