Title: Donor Relations Portfolio Manager
Reports to: Director, Donor Relations
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the strategic management of the database, portfolios, dashboards and the promotion of user acceptance of protocols. The Manager plays a critical role in tracking, analyzing, and reporting on the behavior of our donors and the effectiveness of the activities of the Donor Relations team.
1. Database Management
- Assess, determine, and rollout protocol for best use of database to meet the needs of Donor Relations, including serving as a primary liaison to IT.
- Manage the quality of data, related to the processing of major gifts and as entered by solicitors, with the help of the Donor Relations Advancement Specialist
2. Portfolio Management
- Manage assignment of prospects, including working closely with researchers and solicitors on annual portfolio assessment and cleanup.
- Perform portfolio reviews with solicitors on a monthly basis to ensure quality of data; prioritization of outreach; and identification of opportunities and challenges.
- Manage monthly strategy sessions with solicitor team and leadership to focus on and ensure movement of key prospects through the fundraising cycle.
- Manage the development and utilization of dashboards and reports for Donor Relations, including leading bi-weekly meetings with IT.
3. User Acceptance and Training
- Manage documentation on the database and specific processes, related to Donor Relations.
- Manage training for the Donor Relations team on the proper use of the database and help inspire user acceptance, including overseeing the creation and delivery of 411 updates.
Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience, and advanced CRM experience
Computers: Excellent skills in Word and Excel; Experience with Blackbaud products; Experience with Birst Data Visualization
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives.