Senior Training Program Manager, Prepared to Serve
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Truluck Center
Title: Senior Training Program Manager, Prepared to Serve
Reports to: Director, Phillip N. Truluck Center for Leadership Development
Job Summary: The Senior Training Program Manager for Prepared to Serve produces new external training programs in order to prepare personnel for Executive Branch service. Consistent with Heritage leadership’s vision for the 2025 Presidential Transition Project, the Senior Program Manager will work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to produce trainings that achieve predetermined learning objectives while maintaining Heritage standards for first-rate event execution and user experience.
- In close coordination with the Director, convene stakeholders to develop and continually fine-tune the curricula and instructor rosters for a high volume of Prepared to Serve training programs.
- Liaise with events and IT colleagues to secure physical training space, optimize virtual training platforms, stand up landing and registration pages, and prepare catering.
- Coordinate with marketing colleagues on the production of promotional materials.
- Strategically promote training programs to key audience segments, in coordination with Communications, GR, and Outreach colleagues, and others. Promote training programs at movement meetings and conferences.
- Track attendance and progress of trainees. Develop and distribute certificates of completion.
- Manage the review process and follow through with hundreds of program applicants.
- Serve as point person for speakers, and for internal and external program inquiries.
- Design and disseminate training surveys, lead discussion and execution of next steps based on feedback.
- Work closely with Job Bank and other colleagues on elevating Heritage’s engagement with program trainees.
- Monitor developments in the Executive Branch and policy world, and recommend timely training topics and updates accordingly.
- Draft and monitor budget for Prepared to Serve trainings.
- Order, as necessary, and distribute training materials.
- As needed, work with Job Bank on producing career seminars focused on Executive Branch service.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 7-10 years of relevant professional experience, experience in the Executive Branch and program management expertise.
Communication: Excellent editing and writing skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
Technology: Microsoft Office and Outlook, CRM. Familiarity with email marketing software a plus.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America.
- Deep understanding of the conservative movement.
- Knowledge of Executive Branch agencies and hiring processes a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and handle sensitive data.