Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Job Summary: The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the marketing staff in developing and coordinating marketing strategies and campaigns that promote conservative policy solutions and build awareness of The Heritage Foundation in conjunction with outside partners and other key departments across Heritage. This position provides day-to-day feedback to marketing staff consistent with Heritage values, strategy, priorities, and brand. The Marketing Manager ensures adherence to Heritage’s brand standards throughout these activities.
- Develop and monitor execution of marketing campaign strategies, including overseeing marketing campaign plans, creative asset creation, managing media buys and placement, and providing metric tracking.
- Lead campaign strategy meetings and provide strategic marketing direction in collaboration meetings across Heritage departments.
- Provide day-to-day feedback for other marketing staff in the development of campaigns and projects. Help ensure professional and career development of marketing staff through effective training, mentoring, and feedback in performance evaluations.
- Develop project schedules, workflow, and budgets and manage marketing staff to meet targets for all projects.
- Help establish marketing campaign priorities and prepare and monitor the use of campaign resources.
- Think creatively and provide direction on marketing programs and projects.
- Recommend marketing strategies, key messages, and target audiences for advancing Heritage brand, policy objectives, and research.
- Facilitate and coordinate relationships with media buying, advertising, and technology firms on marketing projects.
- Work closely with teams across Communications to fully integrate marketing activities.
- Contribute strategic and tactical ideas that improve workflow and allocate resources effectively across the department.
- Shape Heritage efforts to measure effectiveness of marketing activities, optimize resources and increase results.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, market research, or related field
Experience: 6-8 years of marketing experience, including brand management, advertising, and lifecycle and tactics of a marketing campaign. Past management experience is required.
Communication: Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills. An articulate advocate of Heritage’s vision and mission.
Technology: Microsoft Suite; Google Ads, Google Analytics, Marketo is a plus.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Experience working in and strong commitment to creating a high-performance, results-driven culture.
- Understand and demonstrate an interest in public policy, strategy, and project management execution.
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional problem-solving capabilities.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work with teams large and small and oversee projects and relationships with outside vendors and remote team members.
- Hard working, resourceful, creative, and organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive direction and feedback to marketing staff.