Title: Assistant to Vice President of Policy Promotion
Reports to: Vice President, Policy Promotion
Job Summary: The Assistant plays an important role in Policy Promotion’s’ mission to build, serve and lead the Conservative Movement. The assistant supports the VP by managing and prioritizing the principal’s daily calendar and coordinating briefings, meetings and travel logistics in order to allow her to represent Heritage and provide leadership to the conservative movement as well as oversee the programs for which she is responsible. The assistant will anticipate and complete tasks in an efficient and effective manner, track program goals and budgets, draft memos and regular departmental reports. As a representative of The Heritage Foundation, the Policy Promotion Department, and the VP, the assistant must exhibit excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Insure the efficient operations of Vice President for Policy Promotion’ office:
- Manage information flow to and from VP with other departments and non-Heritage sources including outside correspondence and mailings, requests for meetings, phone messages, and follow-up action.
- Track calendars, expense reports and departmental budgets.
- Assist in travel planning.
- Coordinate meetings and briefings including resulting follow-up.
- Produce weekly and quarterly departmental reports.
- Maintain accurate files on above as appropriate.
- Help to Build, Serve and Grow the Conservative Movement
- Work in a way that produces timely results and builds strong cooperative relationships within Heritage and across the movement.
- Effectively represent The Heritage Foundation, the Policy Promotion department and the VP to outside guests and in public venues to advance our vision and mission. This may include travel and representing Heritage at conferences.
Education: BA/BS preferred
Experience: 3-5 years administrative experience (particularly in a busy setting)
Computer: Proficient in MS Office including Excel and Outlook
- Exhibits excellent organizational skills – including the ability to anticipate, prioritize and expedite tasks in a busy office.
- Communicates verbally and in documents in a way that conveys information and ideas in an accurate and compelling way.
- Works independently and takes initiative.
- Has an understanding of and enthusiastic support for the Heritage mission and vision for America as well as the department's goals and objectives.
- Is team-focused.
- Exercises good judgment and maintains confidentiality.