Title: Associate, Coalitions
Reports to: Director, Coalitions
Job Summary: The Associate, Coalitions is responsible for assisting the Director of Coalitions and Team in executing robust coalition activities to advance The Heritage Foundation’s policy priorities. The Associate manages projects in support of engagement portfolios and provides program support for the Coalitions Team. As a representative of Heritage and the Outreach Department, the Associate must possess excellent communication and presentation skills and effectively represent the organization to advance its vision and mission.
- Represent Heritage and Heritage policy priorities and resources to coalition partners in Washington, DC and across the country by attending meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Assist in the development and execution of coalition activity in support of Heritage’s policy priorities, including but not limited to attending coalition meetings and coordinating coalition meetings, educational briefings, and events.
- Track activity and publications of national and state-based conservative movement organizations, key stakeholders, and conservative leaders.
- Monitor and attend ongoing state-based virtual meetings and calls, making recommendations for coalitions team relationship building and collaboration on policy priorities.
- Support coalition team activity to grow direct outreach to and collaboration with engagement audiences across the country.
- Provide regular updates to CRM database and coalition lists.
- Manage logistics and coordination of Heritage-hosted coalition meetings.
- Serve as Coalitions Team host for partner organizations who visit The Heritage Foundation.
Education: BA/BS required
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant work experience in coalitions, external affairs, or policy; basic knowledge of the conservative movement and conservative policy preferred
Technology: Microsoft Suite; experience using Salesforce or similar CRM platform
Communication: Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Promote policies consistent with Heritage’s priorities; speak with one voice.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Display keen interest in and clear understanding of conservative policy priorities.
- Ability to represent Heritage to other organizations across the country and manage successful relationships based on trust and respect.
- Thrive in a fast-paced team atmosphere.
- Have a bias for action – take the initiative and demonstrate the ability to self-manage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Willing to travel extensively.