Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Creative
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator is responsible for providing expert strategic, technical and logistical support to the Creative/Marketing team as they develop and deliver effective products for The Heritage Foundation. The project coordinator will 1. schedule / route / track projects throughout the product development process, recording and monitoring all project details; 2. Share project details with appropriate parties across the organization in an effective, timely, and concise manner—serving as the “linchpin” who connects both project details and collaborators; 3. Facilitate smooth relationships between Creative/Marketing team and external vendors and internal stakeholders; and 4. Help identify the purpose, goals, and audience for products and ensure the final product aligns with them
- Field intake requests for projects/products whose final form is uncertain, gathering initial information defining audience and goals, and directing them to appropriate team within Communications.
- Coordinate product development and production process:
- Record, track and update details for each project by maintaining and monitoring creative/marketing project database in Robohead
- Build realistic/workable product timelines with input from internal stakeholders and external vendors and then clearly communicate these agreed-upon schedules to internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Monitor each project with a keen attention to detail, providing timely updates and transparency into product development process in order to hold others accountable and keep product timelines on track, coordinating cross departmental collaboration where appropriate
- Determine best quantity of products to be ordered based on historical usage data and need indicated by key stakeholders in organization
- Monitor inventory of Heritage products in building and off-site storage and make recommendations regarding remaining yet outdated product
- Coordinate all aspects of product delivery, including helping internal clients plan mailings where appropriate
- Working with designers using technical expertise of printing/production to offer workable solutions ensuring quality of finished products
- Facilitate review/approval of vendor proofs (including both printer and variable data proofs)
- Print out project list for weekly team meetings
- Track project expenses and route invoices for project billing, ensuring timely payment
- Serve as the point of contact for the Creative/Marketing team with external vendors and internal clients; building and maintaining good working relationships internally and externally.
- Maintain preferred vendor database. Identify new vendors when necessary. Ensure preferred vendors have signed Master Services Agreements and Statements of Work on file for current calendar year.
- Solicit quotes/estimates from preferred vendors, make vendor recommendation to Creative Director, notify vendor(s) of decision, act as liaison with vendors.
- Assist with ShopHeritage product development, monitor ShopHeritage inventory and assist with “pop up” sales at Heritage headquarters or at donor events.
- Performs other miscellaneous marketing tasks to assist the marketing manager.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: 2-4 years of experience with project and/or production coordination.
In-house creative/marketing team or commercial printing experience a plus.
Computers: Macintosh; Word, Excel, Adobe CC (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Must be familiar with project management, database and design software.
- Keen attention to detail and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly and concisely communicate deadlines, details, recommendations and appropriate urgency surrounding projects.
- Highly organized and disciplined, can pace work to meet all agreed-upon deadlines.
- Knowledge of printing processes, ability to troubleshoot production issues.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Team player with ability to foster cooperation across organization.