Title: Congressional Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Congressional Programs
Job Summary: The Congressional Events Coordinator handles all event logistics for the Congressional Programs’ 1,000+ internal and external events each year. Promotes policy materials to the Hill through our digital email platform and assists the Director with internal collaboration measures. Serves as a logistical resource for the Congressional Programs team.
- Take responsibility for all logistical planning for Congressional Programs’ internal and external events including: coordinating scheduling, booking meeting spaces, arranging catering, and tracking RSVP’s.
- Maintain digital databases for strategic promotion of Heritage policy analysis.
- Assist the Director with all administrative tasks which include but are not limited to scheduling, travel arrangements, budgeting, payment of vendor invoices and submission of expense reports.
- Assist the Director with internal collaboration measures and projects.
- Assist department colleagues with ad hoc requests related to the organization of daily event and fellowships, and the delivery of policy material to congressional and coalition allies.
Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience which means administration of priority
projects in a similar atmosphere.
Education: B.A., B.S. or higher.
Communication: Impeccable written and inter personal communication skills.
Computer: Proficiency in digital administration; ability to learn new software.
- Capitol Hill Experience preferred.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative department.
- Works to be a forward thinking asset, providing a fresh perspective to the department operations
- Expectation and desire to create relationships across departments, with a strong emphasis on strong internal collaboration.