Title: Coalition Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Coalition Relations
Job Summary: Manages administration for the Coalition Relations Department office, coordinates projects, events and communications, supervises department interns, maintains department directories and websites, and assists in administrating the Policy Experts website and its related publications and in organizing the Annual Resource Bank Meeting.
- Serve as office, project and general logistical support manager to the five-member Coalition Relations Department; draft quarterly reports.
- Coordinate logistics for departmental events and meetings and prepare and track follow-up as appropriate. These include the Annual Resource Bank Meeting, various conferences, policy briefings and luncheons, and the monthly Conservative Women’s Network lectures.
- Manage department directory of more than 15,000 individuals and over 700 groups domestic and international—including 690 conservative movement leaders, 2,700 Policy Experts, the Insider Online email list, and Insider magazine mailing list.
- Manage integrity of departmental data on Atlas database.
- Assist the Director in managing his/her contacts and calendar.
- Develop and Coordinate Improvements and Updates for PolicyExperts.org with Coalition Relations and Online Communications staff including project planning for upgrades.
- Oversee the work of Coalition Relations interns.
- Assist Director in drafting department budget, reviewing monthly ledgers and preparing expense reports and check requisitions.
- Manage and track department’s communications with coalition allies.
- Field requests from Heritage staff and outside coalition allies for information on conservative movement organizations and experts.
- Coordinate requests for Heritage and coalition speakers.
- Represent department/Heritage at meetings and conferences as arranged with director.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: At least 1 year.
Communication: Mastery of English and ability to write and communicate clearly; some editing experience helpful
Computer: Advanced skill with MS Office software; advanced skill and high degree of
comfort working with database management
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with conservative movement organizations and public policy process.
- Willingness and ability to coordinate effectively with other departments in the building.
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on execution and follow through
- Positive attitude and proactive ability to balance competing projects.
- Ability to accommodate a dynamic and demanding workload including multiple projects.