Title: Special Projects Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Editorial Services
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting both the President and the Communications Department in researching and compiling material for use in speeches, commentaries, books, talking points, etc. Manage President’s special projects in consultation with the Executive Assistant. Write/edit material for print media, as available.
- Prepare and/or edit documents for the President in relation to internal and external communications.
- Maintain database of material for use in speeches
- Research and draft Presidential communications, including messages to the board and staff, speeches, remarks, talking points, development letters, media statements, book proposals, etc.
- Manage the President’s Special Projects in conjunction with the Executive Assistant.
- Carrying out duties will require coordination with and request for assistance from other Heritage team members.
- Assist the President and Chief of Staff in developing decision criteria.
- Coordinate with members of research group, policy promotion group, development and communications departments to identify communications products needed to advance policy goals.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
Communication: Superior writing/editing skills
Computer: MS Office and Outlook
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department's goals and objectives
- Ability to vary and control nuances of tone, diction, rhythm, pace and other stylistic features to make a piece of writing suit its purpose.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with multiple departments.