Title: Manager, Business Technology
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Job Summary: The Manager of Business Technology will have responsibility for technical program oversight of Heritage’s web, marketing automation, productivity and back office programs. Specific responsibilities include program management, business analysis and operational support functions for all technical needs. The Manager will serve as a trusted advisor to other departments: helping to identify, implement and optimize business technology systems to meet goals and objectives. The Manager has responsibility for aligning IT investment decisions to enterprise-wide objectives and overseeing a small team.
- Provide trusted advisory guidance across multiple disciplines to ensure alignment of technology systems to enterprise needs, while balancing each system’s functionality, usability, cost and security.
- Develop targeted recommendations for business technology selection, implementation and operations along with a roadmap to align technology investments.
- Conduct program performance analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for design, analysis, development and implementation of business process documentation (standard operating procedures) for key business technology systems.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Leverage full technical knowledge of most phases of systems analysis and consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Lead business requirement interviews with internal clients; gather business requirements and translate them into functional requirements and user stories.
- Participate in discovery sessions and technical design meetings to assist in designing and building software solutions.
- Monitor the progression of requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop as-is and to-be requirements deliverables on schedule, with ongoing and reiterated support from business unit stakeholders.
- Support business case development and assessment methodology to prioritize proposed activities.
Operational support and maintenance
- Provide tactical and operational direction for the end-to-end delivery of IT and business process solutions.
- Collaboratively work with the business stakeholders and IT architects to more fully leverage the existing application portfolio wherever possible.
- Manage internal client engagement activities for marketing technology, collaboration and back-office programs, including closely coordinating with the Service Desk Lead for support issues, for optimal value creation from existing IT investment.
- Increase business stakeholder’s visibility into IT projects, by prioritizing initiatives, continually improving the IT delivery process, and conducting regular business review meetings to brief on status and re-evaluate planned work streams.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
Experience: 5+ years IT leadership experience, including project management and IT service delivery definition
Communication: Strong face-to-face and written communication skills necessary; exceptional communication and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives
- Experience with the analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications
- Experience with web and e-CRM systems
- Experience with leading workstreams and guiding the efforts of a small team
- Knowledge of techniques for effective data gathering, analysis, and stakeholder interactions around business process and technology needs
- Ability to formulate and define systems scope and objective based on both user needs and comprehend applicable business systems and industry requirements.