Title: Personnel Specialist
Reports to: Vice President, Personnel
Job Summary: The Personnel Specialist is responsible for helping support the resume vetting process, on-boarding meetings, background checks, awards and recognition program, and employee benefit plan administration.
- Assist with conducting thorough resume vetting process to inform hiring managers and decision makers on potential candidates to ensure the selection of talented conservatives for open positions
- Assist with the pre-employment process, to include processing background checks and drug screens, and communicating with new hires to ensure a smooth transition
- ·Assist with the tuition assistance program including the application process, tracking approvals, preparing and monitoring the program budget, and handling reimbursement payments and refunds.
- Support the coordination of the service award programs, to include determining eligibility, preparing and monitoring the orders with designated vendors, planning the all-staff meeting award presentation
- Respond to staff with benefit-related questions
- Assist with new hire meetings
- Assist with sending new hire notices to designated staff
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 1-2 years of related experience
Communication: Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally, both one-on-one and small group presentations; adept with social media.
Computer: Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook; strong Access database and SharePoint skills
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives
- Strong familiarity with numerous social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Dependable and resourceful
- Strong attention to details
- Exercise sound judgment