Title: Marketing Associate
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Communications
Job Summary: The Marketing Associate is responsible for developing and coordinating marketing strategies and campaigns across a variety of policy areas in conjunction with the marketing team and other key departments across Heritage. Assist the Marketing Manager in conducting market research projects to support the objectives of the marketing team, identifying and acquiring new audiences and email subscribers for Heritage digital products, and shaping and developing products and their promotional plans to meet project goals. The Marketing Associate ensures adherence to Heritage’s brand standards throughout these activities.
- Assist in the development of marketing plans, campaign strategies, and promotional materials.
- Establish and track outcome measures associated with individual projects as well as overall goals.
- Identify marketing needs and opportunities and coordinate the development of new products to meet those needs. In many cases, this position will serve as the project manager for such projects and will involve working with outside consultants or internal team members such as graphic designers or writers. It will also involve determining target audience(s) for the product, overseeing product design and execution, and ensuring the product meets branding standards.
- Assist in writing and coordinating promotional copy for Heritage print, video, and digital products.
- Develop knowledge of Heritage resources (including reports, videos, etc.) in order to select appropriate promotional materials to be utilized in campaigns and distributed at events, conferences, etc.
- Assist in all phases of the market research process from design to utilization, including questionnaire development, coordinating with vendors, cleaning and analyzing data, and preparing and editing reports.
- Translate market research data into actionable marketing concepts and tactics.
- Collaborate with Digital Strategy department to develop and align email marketing strategy to Heritage goals.
- Define, execute, and optimize cost-effective email acquisition campaigns.
- Act as project manager for various Heritage publications and projects across the building, including coordination with promotion teams, intra-departmental communication, follow-up with individual departments, and close collaboration with departments to set and manage publication timelines.
- Assist with ShopHeritage product development, maintain records, and coordinate with Business Support Services to manage inventory and ensure orders are filled correctly and promptly.
Education: BA/BS minimum.
Experience: A minimum of 2-4 years of advocacy, public policy marketing, and/or media relations experience
Communication: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. An articulate advocate of Heritage’s vision and mission.
Computers: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet skills.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of the legislative process and major policy debates.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Team player with an ability to foster cooperation across multiple departments.
- Experience working in and a strong commitment to creating a high-performance, results-driven culture.
- Commitment to getting the job done and willingness to work hours required.
- Demonstrate an interest in strategy and project management execution.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Mature and discreet.
- Hard working, resourceful, creative, and organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide and receive direction and feedback.