Title: Senior Advisor, Executive Branch Relations
Reports to: Director, Congressional and Executive Branch Relations
Job Summary: The Senior Advisor will be responsible for communicating Heritage research, policy analysis and recommendations to members of the Executive Branch, providing counsel to the Heritage policy team, and building relationships between the Heritage staff and appropriate officials. The Senior Advisor contributes to Heritage’s mission by advancing Heritage’s policy recommendations and ensuring that public officials and interested stakeholders have access to the world-class policy analysis contained in the Mandate for Leadership Series.
- Analyze the current policy posture of each Executive agency and advise Heritage Research and Communications departments on current regulatory and rulemaking status.
- Articulate Heritage policy analysis to administration audiences in a thoughtful and strategic way. Advance all current opportunities to reach the executive branch and generate new ways to communicate Heritage priorities.
- Develop meaningful relationships with key administration officials, and represent Heritage at executive branch stakeholder meetings and other events.
- Host routine gatherings of administration officials at Heritage, and provide a go to source of information on Heritage research and analysis.
- Catalog contacts and other relevant data points with respect to administration officials and other stakeholders.
- Assist Heritage research department by scheduling and facilitating meetings with appropriate officials at the White House and within executive offices.
Experience: 5 to 10 years of relevant policy and government experience, especially within the executive branch
Communication: Skilled and persuasive communicator; written and verbal.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the department’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge of the conservative movement and principles; ability to apply principles to policy research on current topics.
- Experience in Executive Branch.
- Organized and detail oriented.