Title: Advisor For Donor Relations
Reports to: Director, Donor Relations
Job Summary: Continue the rapid revenue growth of Heritage Action for America by overseeing major gift fundraising. Responsible for meeting and exceeding the seven-figure income budget as well as overseeing the relationship management for the organization’s most generous donors and promising prospects. Collaborate closely with The Heritage Foundation's fundraising program, providing strategic leadership to the Director of Donor Relations and other members of the management team. Cross-pollinate the teams of Heritage Action and the established solicitor team of The Heritage Foundation, along with effectively and succinctly communicating with both teams on a continual basis.
- Communicate with donor relations colleagues the information needed to understand the vision, strategy, tactics and successes of Heritage Action in both high and detailed levels. You will be the primary lead for articulating the organization’s case and ensuring it is communicated to key constituencies.
- Ensure a robust and growing major gift pipeline for Heritage Action. Working with an existing solicitor and research team, you will design and implement moves management strategies to identify key prospects; increase their involvement; and increase their contributions.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a caseload of donors and prospects through personal visits, telephone calls, and correspondence to increase their appreciation for and investment in the importance and impact of Heritage Action’s work.
- Travel frequently nationwide with solicitor team as the primary development representative of Heritage Action.
- Complete call reports and enter information into database after each donor contact.
- Provide key counsel to the Director of Donor Relations with regard to solicitor performance and portfolio management.
- Assist in the preparation of annual goals and program reporting.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 6-8 years of development and major gift experience required. Knowledge of moves management, data analysis, current events, and conservative thought is essential. Experience managing direct reports preferred.
Communication: Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills are essential.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook, CRM/ Donor database such as Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge or Sales Force.
- Support and understanding of The Heritage Foundation and Heritage Action for America mission and vision for America.
- Excellent communication skills; highly developed verbal skills; ability to request and conduct one-on-one meetings with donors & prospects and make solicitations.
- High degree of knowledge of policy issues and the conservative movement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems, work under pressure, think creatively, and act independently.
- Ability to utilize the phone effectively to make contact with donors and set up meetings.
- Thrives in a competitive, yet conservative, environment.