Title: Digital Media Manager
Reports to: Director, Digital Strategy
Job Summary: The Digital Media Manager is a critical member of the digital team and communications group, responsible for providing insights, analysis, and project management for The Heritage Foundation and its multimedia news organization, The Daily Signal. The Digital Media Manager will work closely with managers both on the digital strategy team -including those overseeing email, web, and social media – as well as on other teams at Heritage - in creating content and developing digital products.
- Develop weekly, monthly, and longer-term analytics reports that provide key stakeholders with performance metrics across digital platforms and channels. Analyze results and synthesize takeaways and resulting recommendations.
- Innovate and suggest new software, tools, or platforms that will enhance our presence and engagement in the digital space.
- Oversee Heritage email programs and email list management, including identifying opportunities for list growth campaigns, optimizing list health, ensuring proper structure of email data, and validating proper use of tracking codes and methodologies across all email deployments.
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and compliance of emails deployed by other groups within Heritage, in line with polices and practices set forth.
- Support email efforts by setting up and executing email deployments as needed. Support stakeholders across Heritage in the creation and deployment of emails related to their departments or areas of focus.
- Support web efforts by coordinating site expansion projects (new features) and the development of new sites (microsite creation). Work with external vendors to ensure on-time and high-level execution of projects.
- Support regular A/B or multivariate tests to evaluate elements of Heritage digital content and platforms. Recommend topics and issues for testing and assist in reporting results to the wider communications team in a manner that makes results applicable and helpful for future improvement.
- Coordinate online fundraising efforts across owned channels with the Heritage Foundation’s development team.
- Play a role in the development of digital advocacy campaigns and serve as project manager of select campaigns and initiatives.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, politics, or related field.
Experience: 4-6 years of digital media experience at a corporation, non-profit, advocacy organization, or marketing/public relations firm or agency.
Communication: Excellent writing and project management skills. Strong judgment of audience interests and issue newsworthiness.
Computer & Equipment Skills: Marketo or other email tool, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Sprout Social or other social media management tool, YouTube, CMS systems (Drupal or Wordpress experience preferred), Microsoft Excel, Google Documents.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives.
- Hard working, resourceful, creative and organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines and be goal-oriented.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and highly attentive to detail.
- Excellent grasp of political and policy issues and a keen understanding of how they affect individuals.
- Ability to clearly define and communicate strategies for digital efforts in memos, presentations, and meetings.
- Awareness of latest digital media trends and newest platforms, as well as the ability to evaluate the impact of these trends.
- Aptitude for thinking big, working wisely and quickly iterating.