Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Job Summary: The Operations Coordinator provides excellent administrative and operational support for the Vice President and Operations leadership team. The Operations team supports Heritage’s 250,000 square foot workplace, 400 person workforce, 6,000 events annually, information technology investments, overseeing a multi-million annual operating budget. The Vice President also leads real estate strategy, architectural design, and capital investments and plays a critical role in managing enterprise risk. The Operations Coordinator actively supports real estate investments, enterprise-wide emergency preparedness planning and other ERM programs.
- Responsible for scheduling meeting logistics, maintaining calendar and contacts, making travel arrangements, maintaining departmental records, and preparing expense reports.
- Prepares and edits briefing materials, communications, presentations, slide decks, spreadsheets, and other reports.
- Support Operations-wide annual planning activities, including events, retreats, and outings.
- Other duties as assigned to support the Vice President and Operations team.
- Prepares and monitors Operations budget performance to give the Vice President greater insight into the cross-departmental budget status.
- Conducts research projects on real estate and operations projects, including regulatory compliance, fundraising, and benchmarking.
- Conducts data analysis on real estate and operations projects, leveraging internal and external data to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Support Heritage’s affiliates and real estate investments; coordinate planning, logistics, schedules, fundraising and financial activities with consultants, architects, contractors, Heritage departments, and staff.
- Manage relationship with Heritage’s certificate of insurance compliance vendor to process Heritage-wide certificate of insurance requests and to ensure Operations vendors comply with contracts.
Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Support Heritage’s emergency preparedness planning by assessing scenarios and protocols.
- Work with Operations management to ensure emergency policies and procedures are accurate, up-to-date, properly documented, and appropriately communicated to staff.
- Plan and host annual first aid/CPR/AED training sessions. Collaborate with Operations management to plan, conduct, and assess security drills to ensure response capabilities during emergency situations.
- Recruit and train floor monitors, plan and execute emergency drills, and oversee first aid/emergency supply inventory.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
Technology: Microsoft Word (proficient), Microsoft PowerPoint (advanced), Microsoft Excel (advanced)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects to support VP’s priorities
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to exercise sound judgment under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives