Title: Development Data Analyst
Reports to: Vice President, Development Operations
Job Summary: The Development Data Analyst will work closely with the Senior Advisor for Database Analytics to help The Heritage Foundation and Heritage Action for America discover and use the information in the records of millions of donors and potential donors. Help to make smarter decisions in order to maximize short term and long-term revenue. Primarily focus on applying data mining techniques and conducting statistical analyses to identify opportunities to increase annual income and maximize solicitation strategies.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to support the analytical needs of the Development Department.
- Develop and implement reports, dashboards, and visualizations in Heritage’s business intelligence toolset to enable data-driven decision-making within the Development team.
- Leverage new data sources and modeling techniques to help improve accuracy of revenue forecasts.
- Build statistical models to understand donor behavior in order to predict the effects of business decisions.
- Provide and present ad-hoc analysis to support the decision-making process.
- Leverage existing and future technology to create new opportunities for growth
Experience: 3 years of database analytics, and/or marketing analytics
Computers: Excellent computer skills; experience with Access, Excel, SQL, R and quantitative analytics skills; CRM experience required; Blackbaud CRM and Birst experience preferred.
- Experience with database management systems, preferably in a fundraising environment.
- Ability to organize and analyze data for reports and presentations.
- Ability to present data, analysis, and conclusions to colleagues with less familiarity of the data. Tell a story with the data.
- Proven record of project management, implementation, and deployment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage numerous tasks while setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America and the department’s goals and objectives.