Title: Member Services Manager
Reports to: Director, Membership Programs
Job Summary: The Heritage Foundation is passionate about building relationships that inspire donors, and creating donor experiences that build trust and loyalty. We accomplish this through mail, phone calls, email, social media and personal visits. This position is responsible for creating and managing the tools and teams necessary to provide exceptional donor service to the hundreds of thousands of Heritage Foundation members and supporters.
- Oversee the day-to-day work and strategy of our outside call center and other agencies we work with to provide exceptional customer service for Heritage members. This includes call center, email responses, and responses to letters. Inspire the best work from agents, and assist with training.
- Donor delight- evaluate and improve Heritage’s systems and procedures to not simply meet donor expectations but create experiences that inspire trust, loyalty, and donor delight; responding to needs of donors on an ad hoc basis.
- Measure success- create the tools necessary to measure and report on our success at providing exceptional customer service and continue to challenge the status quo.
- Culture building- provide leadership to the Heritage development team, and institution as a whole, on why and how to provide world-class donor services and experiences for Heritage supporters.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: 3-5 years of customer service experience with 1-2 years in a leading role. Passion for world-class customer service and donor engagement is a must. CRM experience preferred.
- Understanding and support The Heritage Foundation and Heritage Action for America mission and vision for America
- Passionate about creating donor experiences that build trust and loyalty.
- Ability to manage outside teams of vendors and consultants who interact with Heritage donors.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Ability to solve problems, work under pressure, think creatively, and act independently.